The OneHealth (Animal and Human Health) Lean Launch Programme is a game-changing 10-week customer discovery programme that allows you to rapidly test whether there is a market for Animal and Human Health Innovative products or services based on your research from the comfort of your workplace/home and with the support of dedicated teams in Kainos. Kainos is a digitally focussed company and this opportunity provides you with scope to focus on digital aspects of your research and test if there is a market utilising their extensive experience in offering digital solutions.
Throughout this process, participants will receive the support of the Innovation Services team at Kainos. Alison Coote, Head of Product and Entrepreneurial Lead at Kainos, said, “Kainos has grown from a micro-business to a 3000-person global organisation, so we recognise the challenges in turning ideas into successful products and services. We are delighted to share our views and provide advice and support to start-ups, helping them make informed decisions.
The OneHealth Pre-Accelerator particular welcomes ideas with digital and commercial potential in health (Human and Animal) and the Pre-accelerator is open to researchers and companies who need support in taking the next steps.
Kainos – OneHealth LLP Dates:
Applications open: 1st June
Applications close: Monday 21st August
Cohort Welcome call: Wednesday 6th September
2-day Bootcamp: Wednesday 13th & Thursday 14th September
Weekly group Coaching Calls (1 hour): 26th Sept, 6th Oct, 18th Oct and 1st Nov
Options Roundabout Pitch Training: Monday 13th November
Options Roundabout Practice Pitch: Friday 17th November
Options Roundabout: Friday 24th November
* OneHealth is open to researchers and companies.
**OneHealth is open to applicants across the UK and Ireland. Applications will also be considered eligible from Europe if appropriate to the call.
Lean Launch is open to all teams including researchers and companies with Animal and Human Health Innovation from across the UK & Ireland, applications also accepted from Europe. To apply, we would recommend that you build a team which includes an entrepreneurial lead as well as a team of technical and industry specialists.
We are committed to improving diversity across our programmes and are actively seeking applications from under-represented groups including women, people of colour, those with disabilities, those from the LGBTQI+ communities and Universities/ PRSEs who have not previously participated in our programmes. We also welcome applications from industry including start-ups and growth orientated companies.
1) Market Explorer- Pre-bootcamp report to provide insights into your potential customers, competitors and suppliers alongside comprehensive IP landscape analysis within your sector
2) Bootcamp Training – 2 day bootcamp (hybrid) during which the teams develop a hypothetical business model for the commercialisation of their idea.
3) Market Validation – Tailored market discovery journey to test your business model. Bi-weekly 1-hour coaching clinics online from experts in taking research ideas to market.
4) Pitch training – 1 day online pitch training during which teams learn to pitch ideas to potential customers and investors.
5) Options Roundabout Pitches – Pitch your findings online to an experienced panel of funders, stakeholders and investors to get valuable feedback and advice to progress your business idea.
Aside from our hybrid bootcamp and weekly 1-hour online coaching clinics, our online delivery means that you can contribute to the programme flexibly at times that suit your timetable.
This programme is being rolled out by Queen’s University and The Helix Way, and supported by programme partners Kainos, We Are Pioneer Group and Innovate UK.
Professor Cheryl Miller, Faculty Lead for Early Career Researchers, Research Lead for Bioengineering and Health Technologies Group (BHT), University of Sheffield
Rosemary Griffiths, Director, eezycd Ltd.
Richard Moore, Senior Research Fellow, Sheffield Hallam University